Association of Designers of India Awards
Terms & Conditions
Association of Designers of India, (ADI)
is a Not for Profit pan India body registered in Pune, India under the Maharashtra Societies Registration Act, 1860, in India, with vision to be a world class network representing professional interests of Indian Design community, creating a meaningful interface between design professionals, people as users, the industry, education institutions and the policy makers. ADI has been conducting a competition for students about Design projects so as to encourage Good Design at Student level, improve awareness and meeting between various Indian Design , Design related schools & Institutions as well as international. ADI International Student Design Competition strives to build a credible mark of design excellence with the students of design.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
Entries will be accepted through this website between 00:01 (GMT) on Tuesday, 02 January 2018 and 12:00 midnight (GMT) on Friday, 26 January 2018. Incase of any extension, the new date for extended submission will be communicated through the website www.adiawards.org
To be eligible for the 2018 competition, you must be a registered student on a undergraduate Education, or Higher Education course (part time or full time) in art, design, film, architecture, technology, humanities, management and at any level at the time of the deadline for entries (26 January 2018). Entrants must be aged 16 or over by 1 January 2018. The student competition is not open to design professionals.
Each student can submit multiple entries restricted to a Max. of upto 3 separate entries. Entries can be in any 1 of the 5 categories mentioned on the website or see section 4 below. For each entry, the student must register again and use a new user name & password.
Entrants may submit one design entry per registration into each of the following categories:
- Industrial Design
- Graphic Design
- User Interface Design
- Transportation Design
- Craft based Design.
Entrants may not submit more than one design project for each category and for one registration. Maximum registrations allowed is 3 numbers. A maximum of 3 separate Design Projects can be submitted in any category.
All submissions are online through the www.adiawards.org website. All entries must be supplied digitally via the login page using user name & password. Entries submitted in any other way, including by email or hard copy, will not be accepted.
Entries must be supplied as a high-resolution .jpeg’s, Between 200 – 300 dpi, CMYK in A3 size (Max. 2 MB per image board).
A maximum of 3 no. – A3 images can be supplied for submission.The A3 image must demonstrate development of the thought process from the original research to the final design concept.
Any films accompanying the entry to be provided as a link for evaluation. The film could be and preferably hosted on You Tube or any other easily accessible hosting site.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- There is no fee to enter the competition for students
- This is a student competition and participants who are not students or are working professionals are not allowed to participate. Aspiring participants should study section 3 of these Terms & Conditions to understand their eligibility.
- Closing date for receipt of all entries is 12:00 am midnight (GMT) on Friday, 26 January 2018.
- Participants must register through the website www.adiawards.com and only then can submit their project entries before the closing date.
- Entries must be submitted as explained in section 5 of these Terms & Conditions.
- No responsibility can be accepted by ADI and organisers for incorrectly uploaded entries or partial entries or those that are illegible or corrupted. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. It is the whole responsibility of the participant to ensure that his or her entry gets uploaded & submitted successfully. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered.
- All correctly completed entries for each category shall be forwarded to a judging panel dedicated to that category.
- Each category will have 3 to 4 Judges as part of the Jury headed by a Chairman of the Jury. The jury will be showcased before closing date of receipt of entries.
- Each entry will go through 3 steps of evaluation. First will be a screening evaluation to determine if the entry is valid for the competition. Second step will be a full evaluation by the jury through an on-line evaluation process. Top 5 scores from the list of participants will be taken to the third step evaluation by the chairman of Jury in order to determine the top 3 winners in each categories.
- The administrators and the Jury is within its rights to determine if a submission has objectionable content or has violated intellectual property rights of another or is to be considered plagiarism or is incorrect for submissions. The participant entry under such conditions will be removed from the competition without any explanation to the participant whatsoever.
- The shortlists for each category will be announced on this website by Tuesday, 08 February 2018..
- Entries will not be returned and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for the deletion from its data storage loss or damage to any project submissions or exposure to the contents of the project submitted in public domain.
- Each participant is solely responsible for copyright or Design protection or patent rights of his or her entry and ADI will have no role to play in protecting a participants intellectual property.
- A first-, second- and third-prize winner will be selected for each of the five categories. The winning design will be the ones which, in the opinion of the judges and chairman of the Jury, best fulfil the criteria for good design.
- All entrants whose entries are shortlisted shall be invited to attend an awards ceremony in Pune, India on the 16th. Of February 2018 at which the winners shall be announced. With the exception of entry to the event itself, all travel, accommodation and other costs associated with attending the awards ceremony are the sole responsibility of the entrants. Those students who are unable to attend the award ceremony may collect the same from Pune, India at a later date by prior fixing a collection point at the discretion of ADI or shall pre-bear the expense of sending by courier to their address of choice.
- The prize which are an ADI ISDC Award trophy & Certificate, are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered to the prize winners. However, if, at the sole discretion of the judges, none of the entries in any of the categories is of a sufficiently high standard to merit the awards, no prizes, or only second and third prizes, may be awarded.
- Events may occur that render the design competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of ADI. ADI may, at its absolute discretion, vary or amend the competition and the terms thereof and the participants & winners agree that, in such event, no liability shall attach itself to ADI.
- The decision of the judges is final and correspondence will be entered into only at the absolute discretion of ADI.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their names, project entry submission images and photographs in such publicity.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that ADI logos, website, ADI ISDC awards and the Pune Design Festival are properties of ADI. Entrants’ use of any material comprised in the entry process, including the items listed in the previous sentence, is limited to use in respect of this competition only. No further use shall be permitted without ADI’s prior written consent.
- All entrants hereby license to ADI to the use of their entry for display on any ADI-owned or third-party website or other media for publicity purposes. Entrants further permit ADI to display their entries in a physical exhibition. The choice of which entries are included in any such exhibition shall be solely made by ADI without consultation. Appropriate credits will be given to each item displayed, but ADI shall not be under any obligation to hold such exhibitions, or to include every entry if it does.
- By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials, that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants must ensure that their entry makes clear reference to any 3rd materials used. Entrants will keep ADI harmless from any claims in relation to their entry alleging that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person.
- ADI will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by ADI for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in ADI’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants, the jury panel or a representative of ADI.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of Republic of India and the courts in Pune of the same shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claims arising out of or in connection with this competition.
ADI Contact details:
ADI, Association of Designers of India, registered office at 3, Indrayani, Patrakar Nagar, S B Road, Pune 411016 , INDIA
Email us at: email@example.com
Read & Understood
By clicking on the Terms & Conditions, the participant agrees that he or she accepts all the terms & conditions written herein and agree to comply by the rules of the competition.