Association of Designers of India Awards
Serendipity Arts Festival
15-22nd Dec 2018, Panjim Goa
Serendipity Arts Festival is the largest event organized by Serendipity Arts Foundation. Set over a period of eight days in December in the vibrant settings of Panaji, Goa, this is a multi-disciplinary arts event like no other. Curated by a panel of eminent artists and institutional figures, the Festival is a long-term cultural project that hopes to affect positive change in the arts in India on a large scale.
Design a contemporary piece of furniture using the principle of the Charpai. Your design can include the physical form and the weave pattern. We are looking for your interpretation of the ‘Charpai’.
Be original, innovative, and creative!
To be eligible for the 2018 competition, you must be a registered student on an undergraduate Education, or Higher Education course (part time or full time) in art, design, film, architecture, technology, humanities, management and at any level at the time of the deadline for entries (31st October 2018). Entrants must be aged 20 or over by 1 January 2018.
Each student can submit multiple entries restricted to a maximum of up to 3 separate entries. For each entry, the student must register again and use a new user name and password. Entry can be individual or group
Any person who is not a student from any field
All entries must be supplied digitally via the login page using user name and password. There is no need to submit entries through email or hard copy.
- Submissions should be in English only. Translation of the content has to be ensured where ever required.
- Entries must be supplied as high-resolution .jpeg file,
- Between 200 – 300 dpi, CMYK in A3 size (Max. 2 MB per image board).
- A maximum of 3 no. – A3 images can be supplied for submission.
- The A3 image must demonstrate development of the thought process from the original research to the final design concept.
Entry Deadline: 31st October 2018
Entries will be accepted through this website between 00:01 (GMT) on Tuesday, 25th September 2018 and 12:00 midnight (GMT) on Wednesday 31st October 2019
Incase of any extension, the new date for extended submission will be communicated through the website www.adiawards.org
Jury & Process
Senior designers from industry and academy will judge the entries. Name of the jury will be displayed on the website before the last date of submission of entries.
Each category will have 3 to 4 Judges as part of the Jury headed by a Chairman of the Jury. The jury will be showcased before closing date of receipt of entries.
Each entry will go through 3 steps of evaluation. First will be a screening evaluation to determine if the entry is valid for the competition. Second step will be a full evaluation by the jury through an on-line evaluation process. Top 5 scores from the list of participants will be taken to the third step evaluation by the chairman of Jury in order to determine the top 3 winners in each category.
The entries will be evaluated as per the following criterion;
- Conceptual Strength
- Environmental impact consideration
- Technical Feasibility
- Quality of Presentation
- The Winner will have their design prototyped by AKFD (Ayush Kasliwal Furniture Design Private Ltd)
- The winner’s prototype along with the other 2 shortlisted designs from both categories will be showcased at the festival
- The winners for each category will be announced on this website by Monday 12th November 2018